I’m too lazy to write, so I just put these appropriate words over a picture of tonight’s Cleveland Browns win.
Tag Archives: Cleveland
Jim Thome’s 21-year career is a rare testament to Ripken-esque longevity. Tonight Thome returns to his original team, the Cleveland Indians just in time for his birthday. Here are some facts you probably didn’t know about the Five-Time All-Star:
- Has two nicknames: “Jimbo Slice” and “Ol Hickory”
- In his first season, baseball was still two words.
- Called then-commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis “A real sonufabitch.”
- Early career was basis for “The Natural”.
- Played in the first televised baseball game.
- Played for the Indians before the “Chief Wahoo” logo seemed racist.
- Borrowed fellow Chicago White Sox player Joe Jackson’s shoes, forgot to return them.
- In Thome’s first season, Cleveland was still “really nice”.
- Wrote the famous Tom Hanks line “There’s no crying in baseball!”
- Is Drew Carey’s dad.
- Has played for all 30 Major League Baseball teams and 2 Negro Leagues teams.
- Voted for Grover Cleveland – twice!
- Has hit over 600 home runs.
- Recently admitted to being older than Chipper Jones.
- Stole ear of corn from “Field of Dreams” set.
- Likes coffee